Monday, June 30, 2014

Chapter 21: Meagan finally gets her big break!!

Hello Everyone!

Well, this week has been nothing if not eventful. But I'll start with the most exciting news first.

Ting Ting got baptised yesterday!!!!!! It was so awesome, especially since it was my first baptism since coming out on my mission. It was early in the morning and it was POURING rain outside, to the point where she probably could have been baptised in a puddle, but it was wonderful. During the first hymn she started crying and I asked her what was wrong. She only said, "I'm so happy!" Oh man, it was just awesome. She got confirmed less than an hour later and she was just glowing the whole day. I really felt like a missionary at that moment, remembering the first time we met her and also being able to see a different future for her, had we not stopped to talk to her on the street one day. IT WAS SO COOL! :)

Me and my companion and Ting Ting, and all of us with Elder Baird, who baptised Ting Ting
The other major event: On Wednesday night, after nightly planning, I started chasing my companion down the stairs in our flat, because she was being annoying. I tripped on the last step and fell and my foot started hurting really bad. The senior missionaries in our area came to look at it and said they'd take me to the hospital in the morning if it wasn't better. Well it wasn't better in the morning, long story short, after 3 hours in an English ER, (they call it an A&E), I found out my foot was broken. So.... the past few days have been me and my companion at doctor's appointments and stuck in the flat. Thankfully, I don't have to go home because I'll be able to walk on my cast in a week or two, but until then, my life became super boring.

But, it has also given me the chance to catch up on my journal, read lots of books, and the members have all been so good to me! Plus, when I get to go out finding again, I can use my cast as a finding technique! Haha, so it's all good.

That's me in the A&E the morning after i broke my foot, and that's my foot.
If you can't see it, there's a massive bruise covering most of it.
It has now spread to the bottom of my foot and on the opposite side.
It's so gross and so cool. :)


Quick spiritual thought: during personal study this morning I saw D&C 18:15-16. "And if it so be that you should labour all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring save it be one soul unto  me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father... How great shall be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me." I read this and thought about how happy Ting Ting was yesterday and how it made me happy as well. These are the moments when all of the frustration and challenges are worth it. The point of missionary work is to bring people happiness and I'm so glad I have a part in that!


Keep smiling everyone and have a wonderful week not having to go up and down stairs on your rear end. It's not fun, but my upper body strength has increased rapidly. Love you!

Love, 
Sister Larson

We got to take a picture with a helicopter to send to our mission president.
He has this thing about challenging us to get pictures in fancy sports cars,
so we figured a helicopter would beat that any day. 
  

 Me and Sister Moore, an old lady. We have matching crutch/cane things.
And there's only like, oh, I don't know, a 70 year gap between us.
Whatever. We raced, I won, is that such a surprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment