Monday, July 7, 2014

Chapter 22: Meagan discovers the magic of Cinderella weddings

A bit of a slow news week from Meagan, as her foot continues to mend.  She confirmed in other messages that she is off crutches and able to get around a little bit in her "boot."


Hello everyone!!

Well I would like to say that this week has been eventful.... but it hasn't. Haha we've been stuck in the flat a lot. However, we've managed to get out and do something worthwhile every day, which has been awesome.

The best thing we did last week was have Ting Ting be our member present for a lesson with Leah! It was awesome, we kind of told her last minute, but she did so well. She was eager to share her testimony, make comments, and just be a friend to Leah. Oh my goodness she is doing so well. Leah has been doing pretty good too, I think it helps that the YSA here have really reached out to her and have fellowshipped her. She's leaving soon unfortunately, but I know that miracles happen and so we'll keep trying to bring her into the fold of the gospel!

Other than that, this weekend I went to a wedding of one of the members here. In England, by law, you need to have a civil ceremony before you go to the temple to be sealed, so we went to the ceremony. The most cultural thing was the fact that like all of the women wore funny looking hats. Like hats that the Queen would wear, or that Princess Kate would wear. Yeah, that's not a stereotype, that actually happens. I thought I was in Cinderella or something. 

I hope that you all had a great Independence Day weekend! I had to be careful about what I said, because it's not exactly a popular holiday around here haha. But I ate American pancakes for dinner that my companion made for me (she's awesome) and I sang the national anthem. By myself. :)

Real quick spiritual thought that Sister Huang found today during personal study - 
D&C 42:51 - The lame who hath faith to leap shall leap. 

She thought it was hilarious, and it was pretty funny, but just remember that it is by faith that every miracle happens! In Chinese there's a saying that goes, "You xinxin, you banfa!" Which means "Have faith, there's a way to make it happen!", roughly translated. So exercise that faith and move some mountains! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment