Thursday, July 17, 2014

Chapter 23: Flat Fever

Hey all,

This will probably be a bit short because we are still stuck in the flat all day. We've been able to get out a little here and a little there, but unfortunately my broken foot came at an awkward time - right before we baptised our investigator and right before our other investigator left on vacation for a few weeks. So since we have no investigator pool, Sis. Huang has been going out with the other sisters in our flat while one of them stayed with me. It's like I'm 5 again, having to be baby-sat! But it's been fun and I'm still alive. :)

The one time we saw Leah and Ting Ting this week, after having a lesson with them, Ting Ting made us wonderful Chinese food. Somehow we got onto the topic of tongue twisters. I taught them one in English, the one about selling seashells I think, and they taught me one in Chinese. It goes: "Chi putao, bu chi putao pi. Bu chi putao, dao tu putao pi." Translation: Eat grapes, don't eat the grape skin. Don't eat grapes, spit out the grape skin." It makes literally NO SENSE but it was fun trying to say it as fast as I could in my less-than-stellar Chinese, haha. 

Well, other than that, I've memorised the lyrics to almost every song on every CD we have, I've read every book in the flat at least once through if not twice, and I have cleaned and organised my room every day. Hopefully within this next week we'll be a bit busier and I might be able to get out and walk around a bit more! 

This week I was reading in the Doctrine and Covenants about why we go to church on Sunday. The reason given in D&C 59:9 is that it might keep us more "unspotted" from the world. I thought about how we shower and brush our teeth regularly to keep ourselves physically clean and healthy. Likewise, we attend church weekly and read scriptures and pray daily to keep us spiritually clean and healthy. If you didn't shower for a week, people would notice and you will feel icky. So make sure that you're keeping up with scriptures, prayer, and church, or else you might feel a bit icky on the inside. 

I love you all! Thank you for the prayers and encouragement, I appreciate it so much. Have a good week!

Love,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment