Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Chapter 46: Merry Christmas! 聖誕快樂!

Hiya everyone!

Well this week has been crazy busy and I feel like we haven't had much time to actually work! We've been running around to tea appointments, Christmas parties, and the like. Oh, and we also had a baptism this weekend. :)

Yup, Izzie got baptised this past Saturday and was confirmed yesterday in church! It was a great service and a few of her friends came! They said they really liked it. I asked Izzie how she felt afterwards. She said she had the same feeling when she first attended another baptism we had earlier this year: warm and peaceful. So that was absolutely awesome. 
Izzie's baptism yay!!!

We also had our Christmas party with all the missionaries in the north this past week! It was pretty fun. We got to wear jeans and travel to the chapel... in jeans. It was really weird actually. I felt much more secure when I changed back into my skirt at the end of the day. But we played fun games and watched this weird but funny British Christmas film, so I think it was a success.

The sisters in our district
Me and Sister Lu wearing trousers on the metro. :)
Christmas party! All the sisters of the north! 
Me and sister Wiborny!
My favourite part of the week was Saturday night, when we went to a stake fireside about the Christmas Truce that happened during World War I, exactly 100 years ago. It was very spiritual, and towards the end, some of the missionaries sang Silent Night in German and then we joined in and sang English for the last few verses. It was really touching to me and testified of how the Saviour was born to redeem all mankind, not just one nation of people. Being on a mission in England but speaking Chinese a lot has taught me that there are people all over the world with different cultures, backgrounds, and languages, but that Christ died and was resurrected for all of us, regardless of our differences. The spirit of Christ is the spirit of charity and love towards everyone, no matter where we go or who we are.

Christmas cookies and my and sister Chee's penguins, Charles and Julius!
I hope that you all have a wonderful, amazing Christmas! Remember the true meaning but also be sure to have fun as well. I am so grateful to be a missionary, especially at this time of year. Thank you all for the e-mails, support, and everything, you're all so good to me. Merry Christmas!!

Love,
Sister Larson




No comments:

Post a Comment