Friday, January 2, 2015

Chapter 47: A very merry Christmas and a very happy birthday

Hi everyone!

This week was pretty awesome, to say it in a nutshell. We got a few days off, which was really nice and relaxing, and we spent most of our time with recent converts and investigators, which really helped strengthen the bond between us! It was so fun. We spent Christmas Eve with Izzie and her friend, eating lots of food and watching a movie. On Christmas we got to sleep in (one of the best presents I got, haha) and then went to the chapel where a lovely couple in our ward made us and the Chinese group a spectacular Christmas dinner! It was delicious. We then got to Skype with our families, which was probably the highlight of my day. I love my family so much! They're so cute! It was so fun! And then we spent the rest of the evening with the senior couple in our area, which was fantastic. 

Skyping with the cutest family in the world!!!!! Love you guys.

Christmas dinner at the chapel with me and my companion, Sister Chee,
and the other two sisters who live with us, Sister Lu and Sister Wu!

We also got Boxing Day off, the 26th, because that's actually like a legit holiday here in Britain. So we went and hung out with our investigator, Crystal, who made us Chinese food. We also played an endless game of Monopoly and went shopping. Boxing Day basically equals Black Friday, where there's huge sales and the shops open early and everything is relatively cheap for England. It's like normal price in America, but still! It was great. I think the best part of Christmas, for me, was the focus we had as missionaries on thinking of the Saviour and others before ourselves. It was fun to get gifts from my family and the members here, but it was even more fun having to make things in secret for my companion and my flatmates, or get little gifts for the members here. As a missionary, I don't have much time or plenty of money. But I try to give what I can and then go a bit farther, as that is what Jesus Christ always did.
 

Our Christmas eve feast at Izzie's!
Then of course, yesterday something really strange happened. I turned 20. I'm not a teenager anymore!!!! It was pretty weird to think about, but I still had a pretty good birthday. My wonderful companion made me pancakes that had "20" on them and even let me use some of her rare maple syrup. :) And we ate yummy Mexican food for lunch. Oh, and we also got to go to church, which was definitely the highlight of the day. Sunday birthdays are the best! 

Well this holiday season has definitely been memorable for many reasons. It was my only mission Christmas and birthday, but it was a great one. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday week and that this week you also have great fun with New Year's. The new year is a great time to re-evaluate and think of things we can do to stand a little taller, so start thinking of some great goals for 2015! I love you all! I'll e-mail everyone next year!! ;) 

Love,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment