Thursday, March 12, 2015

Chapter 57: A Good Week to Eat Good Food

Hiya everyone!

So this week was the first full week with my new companion, Sister Xie. I discovered that she has this great talent of cooking really amazing, beautiful food. So we have eaten very well this week. I haven't eaten this well since I lived at home basically, so this week has definitely been a good one. :)


Just some of the amazing food I've had this week!!

We also had something totally wonderful happen on Sunday! It was our Stake Conference in Sunderland and it was really great. The best part happened after the conference though. 4 of our Chinese boys received the Melchizedek Priesthood and were ordained Elders. It was so amazing. I feel like I've seen these boys like grow up in the gospel, since I got here when they were all recently baptised. It's the coolest thing to be involved with someone who is progressing in the gospel and continuing to make and keep sacred covenants. I just love it!

A really not so attractive picture of me and my companion
coming back from stake conference. We were at the front
of the metro so we were feeling pretty fly. Haha.

This week we also went on exchange with Sister Holland and her companion, Sister Schmidt! It was short but good and we had an awesome finding blitz in the city trying to talk to as many Chinese people as we could! We met one really solid potential who is Christian and whose family is also Christian, which is quite uncommon. But hopefully we will see him this next week and start the work of building up our area again!

As I've been on my mission, I've seen how missionary work is not only finding people to teach about the gospel. It's also about strengthening each other as members and working with people who have lost sight of the gospel path they once walked on. At our Stake Conference, a lot of the talks were about the Europe Area Plan for this year, which emphasises spiritual and temporal self-reliance. As we work together, we can help to bolster our individual spirituality and strengthen our testimonies. 

Some of the gorgeous flowers starting to poke out after a long winter!!

It's been a good but tiring week, as usual! I hope you all are doing well and having fun! The flowers are finally starting to bloom here and the weather is slightly warmer! Yay for spring! Have a good week, love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson


A picture of our shadows




No comments:

Post a Comment