Thursday, June 18, 2015

Chapter 71: The Fruits of our Labours!

Hi everyone!

Well this week was pretty awesome for many reasons. The first and most important reason is that Paul got baptised!!!! It was so good, the service was really spiritual and he looked like a million pounds! (A million pounds money, that is. Haha.) The whole experience of teaching Paul really testified to me of how prayer really works. I have prayed a countless number of times for him to have the strength to overcome his challenges, to progress towards baptism. Sometimes I felt like giving up. "What's the point?" I would think. "It's never going to happen." But it did, and I was humbled, and God lives. :)


Also this week, we had a really fun BBQ activity with all the Chinese members and our investigators! It was super fun and good to just play outside and have everyone bond together. The thing I've noticed about serving in the Chinese area in Newcastle is that everyone is so unified. This is why most of the new converts stay active. This is why we get referrals from them. They love each other (deep down) and they care about each other. It's a built-in support system and it really works! If every unit of the church was so united, then there would be a lot less lonely people in the ward and a lot more people coming to a knowledge of their Saviour. 

And of course, this week wouldn't be complete without a funny story. I actually have one thought up already. It happened last p-day. It's called "Sister Larson is Victoriously Triumphant but also Shows her Clumsy Side." So basically, we were playing capture the flag as a zone. It's where you have to grab a flag from an opposing team and run it to your side. So, the flag of the opposing team was near the fence in the back of the field. It was being guarded by two tall Elders. A lot of people on my team were surrounding it, trying to figure out how in the world we could manage to capture this flag. Suddenly, those two Elders got distracted. No one was doing anything. So what did I do? I grabbed the flag and ran like the wind, mate! It was amazing! It was glorious! I was running! I was sprinting! I was flying! And then I was falling and tripping and hurting. Don't worry, no broken foot this time. Just broken pride. However, happily a teammate managed to grab the flag from me when I was down and our team eventually won. (Thanks to me.) Haha! 

I hope you all have a great sunny week! Don't forget to smile and just let those peaceful, happy moments roll! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson

These are real wontons. They're amazing. But we ate them with this garlic sauce thing that had so much garlic in it... I think I can still taste the garlic on my breath. Basically, I had halitosis for like the rest of that day. The ward mission leader commented on it at Paul's baptism. #embarrassingbutistillreallylikegarlic



No comments:

Post a Comment