Sunday, October 12, 2014

Chapter 35: More Teaching and Possible Flynn Rider Sighting in Newcastle

Hiya everyone!!

This week has been so great in so many reasons. First off, we did some awesome finding this week and found a lot of new investigators! It was so great because with most of them, we scheduled a teaching appointment right there on the street in our first contact with them. So many miracles.

One of these street contacts was an awkward-awesome moment for us. We had met this guy on the street and set up an appointment with him at a certain time. He showed up on time and brought a girl with him. We were like "Sweet! Two people!" And then we asked him sort of awkwardly, "So, is this your friend? Classmate?" And she just smiles and says "No, I'm his wife." And we were like .... uh, that was really unexpected but hey cool! It just makes me wonder what he thought I was after when I stopped him on the street and asked if he was a student and could we maybe meet up with him sometime.... Either way, the lesson went well with them, and so hopefully we will be able to continue teaching them! 

Also this week, we had a spiritually enlightening weekend... Not only was it Conference, but right before the Sunday "Morning" Session (it airs at 5 pm here in Jolly Old England) the Elders had a baptism!! Doris had a great baptismal service, the Spirit was so strong and she bore the sweetest testimony towards the end. She said, "My friend told me it was going to rain and be cloudy today, but right before my baptism, the sun came out and it was warm. I know that Heavenly Father is proud of my decision and I'm so glad I decided to be baptised." So amazing!

General Conference was wonderful! I noticed a pattern of speakers talking about how we need to put God first in our lives, and also that He is the source of all knowledge and truth: not other people, certainly not the Internet, and not ourselves. I know this is true. I have seen people progress and change for the better when they pray and read their scriptures, and I've seen people stay stagnant and struggling when they don't. So remember that Heavenly Father is the ultimate source of light and help!


I love you all and hope you have amazing weeks! 

Love,
Sister Larson

We celebrated Sister Rossi's birthday last p-day and had a little surprise birthday party!
We even had the birthday song in Italian for her. :)



 All of us with the beautiful Newcastle sights of the Tyne Bridge and Gateshead Millenium Bridge.

 Random creepy mannequins that looked Halloween-ish, even if they weren't meant to do so.



The random bar is because it said Flynn's bar and i figured that apparently before Eugene Fitzherbert settled down and changed his name, he owned a bar in Newcastle. I thought I was really funny, but none of the people I was with got it. *sigh*  The struggles of being the only American in your flat.



No comments:

Post a Comment