Sunday, October 26, 2014

Chapter 37: Tales of Answered Prayers

Hiya!

This week has been pretty fantastic. First off: I got to go on a field trip! To South Shields, another area in my zone. I went on an exchange and got to be companions with Sister Ahola for the day. She's still in training, so it was fun to be with a missionary who's actually younger than me, in real life and mission life. So that was awesome.

Me and sister Ahola! 

I still make ridiculous faces. #somethingsneverchange
And then we had awesome lessons with Zhang Yi and Rui Feng. I didn't have any Avatar analogies this time, but they are both making such great progress! Zhang Yi talked to us about how he thinks he's finding answers to prayers, and he said, "I think maybe we can get answers to our prayers from other people. Does that ever happen?" And we told him yes, yes it does. Then Rui Feng said to us excitedly, "I actually like reading the Book of Mormon now! The more I read it, the more I love it!" And we were able to tell her, "We love it too!" So this week our lessons have been amazingly spiritual. I could tell that in them, it wasn't just our investigators who were growing spiritually, it was my companion and me as well. 

Big ship from Russia 

Pretty South Shields right by the River Tyne 

To top it off, Sunday was great. I'd been praying all week with a problem I was having, and then on Sunday morning during personal study I happened to be reading Alma 5, a chapter that answered my question. And all of the talks and lessons in church on Sunday kept answering my question and gave me further ideas for how I need to fix my problem! One of the speakers in sacrament meeting told about her conversion story and how her prayers were answered. She said that it was amazing to her how, despite the fact that millions of prayers are offered around the world all the time, Heavenly Father knew her and listened to her prayer and gave her an answer she could recognise. I know that is true.

So this week I hope you all are listening to the still, small voice, because Heavenly Father is just waiting to answer our prayers and help us. I know He listens to us and loves us. I love you all! Have an awesome week. 

Love,
Sister Larson


Baptism on Saturday!
Me, Angela (member), Sister Lu, Sophie (investigator/recent
convert of other sisters,) Sister Monroy, Sister Rossi


We were playing around on Sister Monroy's camera

No comments:

Post a Comment