Friday, October 31, 2014

Chapter 38: So much excitement I can't even!

Dear family and friends,

So as you can tell from my subject line, this week was exciting and all over the place. It was transfer calls this week, so we had to say goodbye to the two dying missionaries in my district, one who was my flatmate. So that was sad.

But then on transfer night, I got a call to say that I am training a new missionary!!! I was really excited and a bit overwhelmed, but it will be a great experience. Unfortunately, she doesn't get here until November 5th, because she is still in the Provo MTC learning Chinese. So until then I'm in a trio with Sister Lu, who got moved to the Newcastle English area with Sister Monroy! Crazy. But we've had lots of fun as a trio so far.

The other highlight of the week was working with Rui Feng. Now, when I first met her she was terribly shy and would barely talk to me or my companion. She didn't read the Book of Mormon or pray hardly, and she wouldn't answer the questions we asked her. Flash forward a few weeks. She's reading the Book of Mormon and enjoying it, and praying too, but she won't commit to a baptismal date and/or pushes her date back every week. Flash forward to this last Wednesday. We had a super long super awesome lesson with her where we were trying to figure out why she didn't want to be baptised. Basically, it came down to the fact that she's afraid of water and she doesn't think she can endure to the end. Well. The water thing was easy to deal with. The endure to the end - she went home and talked to her dad about it and do you know what he said? "Just do it. Go get baptised, it's a good thing to do." And he's not even a member!! So she called us the next day and said she was so ready to be baptised and can she get baptised tomorrow and she's just so excited. And we said okay you can be baptised. But you need to wait a few days so we can interview you and schedule your baptism. 

So, she will get baptised this Saturday!! And we couldn't be more excited. :)

Me and my companions and Rui Feng!
The wind made my hair get all over my face so i'm not that cute in this picture but oh well.
This week has been amazing and full of wonderful miracles and excitement. I hope you all have a happy Halloween this week, don't eat too much candy (the chocolate in America can't even compare with British chocolate anyway) and remember to pray and read your scriptures! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson

The Angel of the North - a cool statue that is randomly in the middle of nowhere.
 Here's us by the ELM street sign.
Because ELM stands for England Leeds Mission!!!! ha ha.
Great food that Angela (member) made for us last week.
 
This is my district! The girl on the end and the shortest elder went home.
Sister Rossi, me, Sister Lu, Sister Monroy, Elder Adams, Elder Thompson, Elder Summers, Elder Field


No comments:

Post a Comment