Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Chapter 14: A new investigator and lots of goodies!

Hiya everyone! (quick side note, literally everyone here says "hiya" they think "hey" sounds so American and weird)



Leah (investigator) and I at the RS activity! 
We were learning how to make bags out
 of scarves, but I just tied a big one
 around my shoulders and made a cape
. i'd much rather be a wizard than
 have a posh looking bag... :) 






















Well, this week has been super amazing!! First things first, we found a new investigator!!! Her name is Ting Ting, she's a first year university student, and she's from China. We found her street contacting. We were just having a nice conversation with her and then Sis. Huang brought up the church, and she asked Ting Ting if she was interested at all. She was like yeah, totally, and then Sis. Huang said, "Well, do you have time to talk about it?" and Ting Ting said, yeah right now! So both of us were surprised, but we said, uh okay sweet let's go! So we went to a lounge in the university and taught her lesson 1 about the Restoration. It was awesome.

My new, snazzy planner for this transfer. It's cute, huh?

Other funny story about Ting Ting: we challenged her to read the Book of Mormon, which she accepted, and said she could read 6 chapters by the next time we saw her a few days later. So when we were following up, she said, "I'm sorry, I only read one chapter! It was just really long!" So we were kinda confused, but we asked her what she read. She holds up this big chunk of the book and said, "I only got through 1st Nephi" and we said "The whole book??!!" and she said "Yeah" and then we were all like OH MY GOSH that's amazing! So she's just great. And then we cleared up the whole chapter/book thing. :)

Remember zi se de putao zhi? [purple grape juice] I found some at a Chinese store here.
It was a great trip down memory lane!
[Note: this was a staple at our dinner table when our family lived in china]
The other highlight of the week was yesterday, getting to talk to my family through Skype! It was absolutely amazing! I love how it felt like I was back at home, that my family was still my family, and we still have such fun together! 

Photo of Meagan talking to us on Skype.

Tidbit of British culture: They have these things called Jaffa cakes, which are like little soft cookies with orange jelly stuff on them dipped in chocolate. I think they're pretty good, but Sister Huang got sick of them. So while we were at a Chinese member's house, she basically forced this box of Jaffa cakes on us and Sister Huang was like, "Sister Larson LOVES those, give them to her!" So now I have a lifetime supply of Jaffa cakes. I'll never go hungry, haha.
Jaffa cakes. They're pretty decent. For British food. Just kidding, I really like them! 

American candy and dry ranch powder i got from an American member!
She's the best! I love Hershey's! And ranch! 

Well this week has been good with lots of miracles, and it's also been a week of growth as well. The weather has been sunny for a few minutes, then rainy for a few, then sunny, then rainy, etc etc. That's kind of how life is, but if you remember Pres. Uchtdorf's talk, then don't forget to thank Heavenly Father for the rain and the sunshine! Both are so important to the growth of flowers and trees, and they are so important to our spiritual growth as well. I love you all! Have a fantastic week and Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers! Also, Happy Birthday to my baby brother, who's eleven years old now and not so much of a baby anymore! 

Ta, loves!
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment