Thursday, May 29, 2014

Chapter 16: Tales of Rain and Rainbows

Hiya everyone!

This week has been not super eventful, but I sure have learned a lot. 

First off, we had zone conference last week! Yay! It was in Sheffield, which isn't too far of a drive, but we had to go pick up a ton of missionaries in Huddersfield, which is an hour out of the way, and then go all the way back. So it was about three hours there and three hours back, but it was really fun! We learned a lot about virtue and obedience, and my mission president is just hilarious. I also saw an Elder I met in the Provo MTC who had to be there for 8 weeks waiting for a visa even though he was an English speaker! He's here now though, so it's great.


Finally the picture you've wanted! I finally met sister pilkington, she's lovely.
And there's one with just me and one with me and Sister Huang! Aren't we cute? :)

Ting Ting is continuing to progress! We had to let go of Leah, unfortunately, but Ting Ting is absolutely wonderful. She shared with us her experience of going to church for the first time and said that when she opened the hymn book during the first hymn, she felt the sense of peace and of being at home, and that she's never felt anything like it before. It was so amazing! She is just so great!

As is common for the weather of England in the spring time, it has been raining a lot lately. At first, I was a little down because of it, but this morning I was reading President Uchtdorf's talk from the latest Conference. He mentioned about being grateful for the rain before being grateful for the rainbow. At first, I thought, "That's lame. Rain makes me wet and cold and it makes people not want to talk to me on the street because they're wet and cold." But then I remembered how beautiful and green England is, and how pretty the flowers are all of the time. It's because of the rain that these beautiful plants grow and bring joy to people. So remember everyone, that even trials teach us something and are necessary. We can be grateful that Heavenly Father loves us enough to teach us and make us into something stronger, something better than we could be on our own.

Miracles happen! Hard work eventually pays off! No words are wasted, as our mission president reminds us often. You are all so wonderful and I'm so appreciative of all the work you do to help local missionaries and tell friends about the church. There really is nothing that makes missionaries happier! Love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Love, 
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment