Thursday, May 22, 2014

Chapter 15: Meagan Learns to Love Everyone, and Their Yorkshire Pudding

Dear everyone who gets this letter,

There is sunshine outside and there has been for the past few days and it has been SO NICE. Seriously, I hadn't seen the sun for days before that. The weather here is so beautiful right now! I love it! Unfortunately, it means that the nights are warmer so we have to open our windows, and because we live between two pubs, I woke up at 4 this morning to a drunk guy singing. Love it.

Statue of Queen Victoria in Victoria square, really pretty and European -looking!
(fun fact about the current queen: she loves to gamble,
and so there are so many like gambling places all over.
They're as common as an LDS chapel or an Arctic Circle in Utah)

So this week we worked a lot with our two investigators, Leah and Ting Ting. They are now BOTH scheduled for baptism on the 13th of June! It's Friday the 13th, which is rather ominous, but a member told us that if we get three baptisms on that day, it'll break the spell or curse or whatever. So I guess we're working on that now haha! 


Pictures of some more old buildings. Detail from the Maritime Museum I think. 

Also this week, I tried a Yorkshire pudding for the first time at a member's house. Don't be confused by the name. It's not pudding. It's like a biscuit thing you put gravy on and eat with roast and potatoes. They're really good. I also ate chips with salt and vinegar. Not bad, but I do prefer the American french fries. :) 

This past weekend was a HUGE football match, it was the FA cup, which apparently is important, and the two teams were Hull City (that's where I live) and Arsenal, a team from London. So Saturday we were told to not proselyte after 4 PM because people would be watching the match and/or getting drunk. So that was fun! We just visited some members and it was great. But we lost, which was sad. Next year we'll get that cup for sure!

A cute picture of the sisters just before district meeting!
And also you can check out the wonderful new skirt I bought last p-day, love it!

So now for something actually spiritual that I've learned this week, I have learned love and charity. Sometimes, when you are really trying to develop charity, it means that you need to love everyone. That includes those people who don't love you in return, the people who reject you and say sassy things to you and the hooligans who yell in your ear... I was thinking during personal study, feeling sorry for myself because sometimes people are mean, and I got the thought that "The Saviour loves everyone, even those who rejected Him and crucified Him. Art thou better than He? You're being selfish, Sister Larson." And it was so true! I have since then tried to have the love of all mankind that Nephi promises will bring us eternal life. It's not easy, trust me, but it is attainable and is something we could all work on.

I love you all! Enjoy the last weeks of school before summer! You are all amazing and I am so grateful for all of the support I get from you. Have a super week!

Love,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment