Friday, August 1, 2014

Chapter 25: A New Companion and Return of the Pictures

Dajia hao!

Well, as you might have seen, this week is transfer week. And to explain what has happened, I will use a scripture found in Alma 22:4, with just a few alterations:

And I said unto my friends and family: Behold, the Spirit of the Lord has called Sister Huang another way, she has gone to the land of Newcastle, to teach the people of China.






Yes, sadly, my mom (trainer) is leaving me. But she is going to the promised land of Newcastle for her last six weeks! And I am getting a new companion (of course) whose name is Sister Dahneke and land of origin is good old 'Merica. She is also a Chinese speaker and is dying soon. Sorry, I mean going home soon. So we will be together starting tomorrow! I'm excited to meet her and show her around Hull!

The Wilemans, aka our favorite family, threw Sister Huang a surprise dinner party yesterday. They decorated with Frozen characters and snow (we each had a Frozen character-- I was Anna, she was Elsa. of course!!) , because she's never seen snow but she really wants to. The table was all fancy and they gave her a gift of a t-shirt with some of the inside jokes we have with them. It was so cute, she was so happy!  I don't think anyone's ever really done that for her before. 

In other news, this past week we had a field trip! Kind of. We went to Huddersfield for a zone conference, which is where Sister Huang worked for 9 months on her mission! It was fun for her to point out all the places she'd been and where she lived and the university she walked around all the time. The actual meeting was good too, we learned lots of wonderful things, especially how to make these cute little cards that look like white shirts. We've been using them a lot with members and potentials, like if we have a meal appointment we sneakily leave one behind or drop them in people's mail slots if they're not in when we drop by. So that's been very fun.

Half of the mission.  Sister Larson is in the lower right corner.
Other than that, this week we got back into the normal missionary schedule where we're out all day. Yay!! I only have two and a half weeks left in my cast, which I'm very excited for, and we're still looking for some new investigators. We've got a couple potentials and the Chinese students are very slowly coming back. 

I hope you all had a wonderful week, Happy Pioneer Day for those who celebrate it, keep reading your scriptures and praying and looking for opportunities to serve! I know we are at our happiest when we are serving other people. Love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson


No comments:

Post a Comment