Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Chapter 27: New Investigators and New Superpowers!

Meagan needs a superhero name in honor of her new powers... please leave a comment here or on Facebook if you have a contribution...

Hey everyone!

This week has been pretty great. First off, we have a new investigator! She's one of the friends Ting Ting brought to FHE last week. Her name is Lina, she's Chinese, and she lives in the same flat as Ting Ting. She's living with her son, who's a student at the Uni, so she's an older woman. She's great though, we've taught her a bit of lesson 1 and she's excited to read the Book of Mormon. When we asked her if she'd read it, she said, "If it gets me closer to Jesus Christ, then of course I will!" So she's doing pretty good.

Other than that, we've just done a lot of finding this week. Of course, there was one other exciting highlight of the week: I GOT MY CAST OFF!!! Finally! It's pretty weird walking around without a boot, but it's doing okay. Not only that, but because I broke it, I have a new superpower: my foot gets achey when it's going to rain. So, I can finally predict the English weather that is notoriously unpredictable. I need a superhero name... I'll have to think of one. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

My companion and I have also had fun this week rewriting the lyrics to classic hits. We make the lyrics more applicable to missionary life. Like, "Finding in the Rain," a rewrite of "I Set Fire to the Rain," or "What Makes You Spiritual," a rewrite of "What Makes You Beautiful". We'll get the full album out eventually. :)

Well this week has been full of little miracles and hard work to make them happen! I know that miracles are a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ, but that it is only through faith and hard work that they come about. So be faithful, work hard, and watch those miracles happen! I love you all! Have a super awesome week!

Love,
Sister Larson

Meagan also sent some pictures this week but they didn't come through the ether properly... hopefully we'll have lots next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment