Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Chapter 26: "Thanks For Holding My Slobbery Apple, Mate"

Hiya!

So this week was really fun and had lots of learning opportunities. The first exciting thing was my new companion, Sister Dahneke! She's from the exotic land of Provo, Utah, did martial arts when she was younger, and likes to eat food. So basically, we get along really great. We both discovered one day while finding that we both love Les Miserables, and so now we sing that all the time and just have a blast together.

Sister Larson and Sister Dahneke, "in bad internet cafe lighting."
The majority of this week was spent street contacting. We have been looking and looking and talking and talking and walking and just trying to find someone interested in the gospel. It's been a rough week for finding new investigators, but last night a huge miracle happened! We had asked Ting Ting to invite some friends to FHE. She said she would try. Last night she calls us and asks, "So, four people want to come. Is that too many?" And of course we replied, "Uh, no, that is perfect, that is awesome, you are wonderful!" So now we have new faces coming to FHE and we are praying that at least one of them will be interested in learning more. It was so wonderful to see that after working and praying and trying to stay positive we had this wonderful miracle happen. Even if nothing happens with those four people tonight, it has been a testimony builder to me that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, even if it's not right away.

Funny story of the week: We were sitting in sacrament meeting yesterday, close to the end, when a little three-year-old boy in the ward walked by us, stuck his half-eaten apple in my companion's hand, and then walked away to go play with someone else. We were cracking up because it was pretty gross but really cute at the same time. And then five minutes later he came and got it back from her, like "Hey thanks for holding my slobbery apple, mate."

That might have been a you-had-to-be-there moment. But it made my day.

Well family and friends, this week has been fun, it's been tough, it's been tiring. But I know that I am learning, I am experiencing, and that I came here for a reason! Alma says it better than I ever could:

"And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work."

This doesn't just apply to me, it applies to all of us! We all have the great blessing and potential to be instruments in the hands of God. So pray for missionary opportunities and go and serve others! I love you all and I'm so proud of all the missionary work you do. Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment