Friday, August 22, 2014

Chapter 28: As the Weather Turns...

Hello everyone!

As you can see from the subject line, the weather here has taken a turn for the colder. Like, I've had to wear my winter coat out finding. Uh, what month is this? But at least this also means that there have been more Chinese students out and about that we can talk to! We have met lots of wonderful potentials and have talked to lots and lots of students. This week was filled with tons of finding, but it has been pretty great.

In other news, Ting Ting left for China yesterday very unexpectedly. She'll only be gone for a month and then she'll come back, but we will miss her so much! We always had lots of fun with her and she is doing so great in her spiritual progression. 

 This is me and Ting Ting and we both look super good in this photo
We also are teaching two investigators! Crazy, right? Probably because they're the adopted children of a member who are just now able to be baptised due to legal things, but still. They are so excited to be baptised they can hardly stand it and their enthusiasm is infectious! 

The one last bit of really exciting stuff is that last Tuesday was my companion's birthday! Yay! Sister Dahneke is now a big 22 year old. One of the Chinese members baked her a cake and we had a little party for her. She also got a package filled with exotic American treats, like pop tarts and tootsie rolls. :)

Happy Birthday Sister Dahneke!
Our district leader also made her a cake. It was chocolate and it was delicious.
The excitement I felt at being able to eat this cake is apparent in my facial expression.
The American package filled with American candy. And poptarts.
Well this week we have been working so hard, I come home every night exhausted. But I know that our hard work will pay off and that we will see miracles because of it! I have learned that you can't just sit around and expect awesome things to happen - you have to go make them happen! The Lord will help those who trust Him and then go get to work.

The four flatmates
 Humber Bridge with the epic full moon in the back
I love my mission, I love England despite its interesting weather patterns, I love the Lord, and I love all of you guys! Have a crazy amazing week!!

Love,
Sister Larson






No comments:

Post a Comment