Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Chapter 30: Meagan's Companion is Famous

Hello everyone!

Yes, you saw that right. My companion is a celebrity on lds.org. Check her out in this awesome video about a Chinese guy (who she didn't really teach but worked with afterward as a recent convert!):

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-04-017-unto-all-the-world-noahs-story?lang=eng

Man I am so lucky to be able to say I knew her. :)

In other news, Lionie and Ellie both got baptised on Sunday! They were so cute in their little white dresses. They both just kept smiling the whole time. It was really fun to teach them and get to know them. This past week we had lots of fun acting out scripture stories and the plan of salvation with them. They made us act out the whole Joseph Smith story, like until he finished translating the Book of Mormon. It was way fun.


We also went and saw one of our Chinese less actives, Jenny. We've been seeing her almost every week since I came to Hull. Every time we've always gone when her kids are asleep, but this week we went when they were awake. It was so fun to play with them, they are adorable. The little girl who's almost 2 just kept saying "xie xie!" (thank you) for everything: if you gave her something, she'd say it. If she gave you a toy, she'd say it. It was so cute to be with this wonderful family!

Speaking of families, I know that they can be together forever through the plan of salvation. This week the plan of salvation has been on my mind a lot, and it's really comforted me to know that life goes on and that I know that happens after this life. It is sad to lose someone we know and love, but I know I will see them all again one day and that I can be with my family forever.

I love you all! Have a fantastic first week of September! (Where has the time gone??)

Love,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment