Sunday, September 14, 2014

Chapter 31: Bound for the promised land!

Dajia hao! (hello everyone!)

That's right, it's transfer time and I am leaving Hull to go to NEWCASTLE!!! I am super duper excited. That is the area where the video I sent last week was talking about. That will be the ward I will serve in. And the Asian missionary is my new companion, Sister Lu! 

Me and my comp with our hair braided together.  We're so weird.



My farewell party with the Wilemans! They decorated the kitchen with a Beauty and the Beast theme, so cute.

So this past week was basically just stressing about transfers, trying to get everything ready, and saying good-bye to the members and investigators here. I've been going through ups and downs of sadness and excitement, but I know that the Lord will send me where I need to go. I'm also way excited to improve my Chinese because there are so many Chinese members in Newcastle. 

Me with the young single adults: my comp, Vania, Toni, me, Victoria


The other highlight of the week was talking to Tina, one of the Chinese less actives here. She has been pretty great and we've seen her almost every week, but this past week she really really opened up to us and we had a wonderful conversation with her about life and how to deal with the challenges she's facing. We basically just pointed her towards the scriptures and prayer because we both know that those are the only sources of true peace and happiness. Heavenly Father wants to talk to us and bless us, but first we need to approach Him and ask humbly for His help. 

Well I hope that everything has been going well for all of you! Remember that there is always one you can turn to for any problem or trial, and He will always listen to your prayers. I love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson
Me with the districts in Hull and Beverley
A few extra notes from Meagan's letter to the blogmaster (dad):

They call it the Promised Land because there's so many Chinese people and lots of investigators all the time. It's where Sister Dahneke jsut was, I'll be serving with her baby, Sister Lu, from Guangdong, China. I will be taking Sis. Huang's place. So I'm just following my mom all around. but i'm way excited and kind of nervous.  my chinese is going to improve so much, so yay, but I just hope i can keep up and know what's going on! i know i definitely can't get lazy and need to be remembering how to teach the lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment