Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Chapter 33: Meagan Learns Math: Faith+Work=Miracles!

Hello everyone!

This week has been really really great. All of the new students have finished arriving here in time for school to start today! So our finding efforts have been really good. We met one Chinese girl on the street on Friday and within five minutes of talking to her she said she would come to church with us! She loved church and had a great experience, so that was one miracle.

Sister Rossi, me, Sister Monroy, Sister Lu -
They said make a funny face, i apparently missed the hidden meaning of
"Make a funny face, but make it look cute."
Also at church on Sunday, we had our Chinese sacrament meeting, where we go into a different room and with all the Chinese people have the meeting all in Chinese. I was asked to give a talk for this meeting - and I was super nervous. But I think it went well. The best part was that all of the speakers spoke about the Book of Mormon and how it can change lives.

Me, Rachel, Sis. Monroy, Lee, and Sister Lu -
Rachel is our investigator and Lee is a member. They're both so great!
Which leads into the biggest miracle - last night, we called an investigator to invite him to an activity and said we missed him at church. He said he was sorry, he slept in, but then he said very excitedly, "I read the Book of Mormon and I felt something really different, it felt so good! When can we meet and have another lesson together?" Sister Lu and I were pleasantly shocked - this investigator earlier had flat-out rejected our invitation to be baptised, and then here he was, wanting to meet with us, excited about the Book of Mormon! It made my week and truly testified to me of the power of the Book of Mormon.

Me and Sister Lu, waiting for the bus and trying to keep ourselves entertained. :) 
In sacrament meeting, a speaker talked about how the Book of Mormon is like the textbook for our lives. We can learn so much from it and we will find ourselves truly prepared for all that lies ahead, if we first just crack it open and study it. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, I know its lessons apply to all of us. Reading it every day truly will bless our lives and allow us to feel the love of God, just like it did for our investigator.

I love you all and hope that this week went well! 

Love,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment