Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Chapter 32: Come, Let Us Anewcastle

Hi everyone!

So this week something finally exciting happened to me: I went to Newcastle! Yay! It has been so fun being here already. There are so many more Chinese people, and a lot of great Chinese members to get to know and teach.

First off, we had a fireside this Sunday where our mission president came and spoke. He was pretty great, but the highlight was our potential investigator, Anna, who came. She said that she loved the hymns and that she feels safe and calm in the chapel. It was so great! We are probably going to start teaching her this week, and I'm just so excited. Yay for a bigger teaching pool! 

Me and Sister Rossi, a sister in my flat, wearing our super-cute onesies. :)

We also got to work with some recent converts, Freddie and Paul. They both were baptised in August and they're both really amazing. Paul just gave his first talk in sacrament meeting this week, in English none the less, and he did so great. His testimony is so strong and simple. My favourite thing he said was that he felt happy when he passed the sacrament for the first time, and that he knew it was because he was serving others.


Me and Sister Lu, my new companion!
She's cute and she's really good with being bold and finding people.
So of course I miss Hull, because Newcastle is a lot bigger with more people and I'm a lot busier. But I love it! I know my e-mails have been lackluster lately, probably because I was in a rut with being stuck in my old area. But with the new area, I've found that I've been trying even harder to be exactly obedient and improve myself. 

It's the same with living the gospel: sometimes we get stuck in a rut and we don't know where to go up. We just have to figure out a way to change something, even if it's not as drastic as moving to a new area, and then we will be able to be on the up-and-up once more. 

I hope you all have had a wonderful week! Love you all!


Love,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment