Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chapter 39: A great day to hit halfway

Happy November, everyone!

Is it really November? Is this Wednesday really my halfway point? Have I really been on my mission for nine months now? Is this real life?

The answer to all of the above is: yes. As much as I don't want to admit it sometimes, it's totally true. But it's been a great start to the month of November. On the first day, this past Saturday, RUI FENG GOT BAPTISED!! :) It was a beautiful sunny (windy, cold) day and her parents and brother came, a rare occurrence for the Chinese members here. But since they live here with her, they managed to come and support her. And it was certainly a memorable experience. She had to be baptised three times. Her hair floated, her foot popped, and then it was perfect. But although she had confided to us her fear of water, she told us later that as she was being lowered into the water the first time, she wasn't scared at all. And we told her, of course, that it was because Heavenly Father loved her and would help her with all of her fears and sorrows and disappointments. I know that's true, especially because He has been there for me. 

Rui Feng's baptism! There's her parents, her brother, her,
Damon (the guy who baptised her) and then me and my companions!!
Other than that, this week has been interesting because I've been working in a trio while I anxiously await the arrival of my new companion - two more days!! But it's been fun and definitely a learning experience as we've worked as three people over two areas. We've been busy, we've had some interesting experiences - one of them being teaching an Iranian family who spoke very little English after meeting them on the street. They were very kind, maybe a bit TOO kind - the father kept touching my hair and smiling at me. But we've had fun together as a trio and we've learned to balance the work and teaching. Also, for Halloween, we painted each other's faces. (Pictures to come.) So it was a great week.

Here are the pictures of us on Halloween!
Sister Monroy is the creepy skeleton thing, Sister Lu is the tiger,
and I am a zombie. We did the best we could with
cheap grocery-store face paint. They turned out pretty well I think. :)

I hope you all had an awesome Halloween and a wonderful week! Remember, remember the 5th of November!! Happy Guy Fawkes Night! And if you don't know what that is - look it up! It's awesome! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson


No comments:

Post a Comment