Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chapter 40: New "baby" arrives and Chee is awesome!

Dajia hao!

So this week something really awesome happened.... my trainee finally arrived! After two weeks of waiting and preparing, Sister Chee came to Newcastle, jet lagged but ready to work! She is from California, near San Francisco. She likes to play sports. She's hilarious. And she is of Asian descent, although she recently started learning Chinese. So all of our Chinese members walk up to her and start chattering in Mandarin and she's like "... Uh, I'm American." And they say, "Are you sure?" And she says "Yeah, pretty sure." But her Chinese is pretty great for only learning it for 9 weeks!
Me and my baby, Sister Chee!

Another pic of me and my cute daughter
So the highlight was probably getting to be with my new companion and go out teaching and finding with her. I kind of threw her in the deep end: we had a lesson with our investigator an hour after she got to our flat. But she did wonderful and she is always willing to do what I ask her to do. So she will be just fine. :) 

Well this week I learned again that it is only through everyday prayer and scripture study that we can grow closer to Jesus Christ. I wish that I had been more diligent about that before my mission, but I'm grateful for the wake-up call now. I love being able to feel the Spirit everyday. I've found that I bounce back from trials a lot faster and that my thoughts are on a higher plane, because I'm trying to focus on the Saviour and on others. 

Me and Sister Lu with Rui Feng
Christmas is coming and the English people are preparing for it! They don't do Thanksgiving, they skip that, so I've been listening to Christmas music in the flat and it's always playing in the shops! I love it. More time to celebrate Christmas? I'm totally down for that. 

Well thank you all again for your support and prayers! I love you all and hope that you had a wonderful week. Keep doing awesome things!

Love,
Sister Larson

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for raising a solid missionary who can train our daughter to find and teach as well as pull her out of traffic. Sister Chee is absolutely loving her first assignment in the field.

    ReplyDelete