Sunday, November 30, 2014

Chapter 42: Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

Note:  Due to problems with the public library internet access last week, we did not hear from Meagan until Wednesday instead of Monday.  And we were in Utah playing with family for Thanksgiving.  So the posting is late this week...

Hello dear friends and family,

This past week has been pretty great! A lot of things happened that were pretty awesome... Most of them were just meetings. (YAY). The best one was a sisters' meeting we had with all of the sister missionaries serving in the northern area of our mission. We went to this place called South Shields which is right on the coast of Northern England, so it was gorgeous even though it was cold. (See attached photo.) One thing we did that was fun is that we all picked up a little rock that we found in the sand. Then our sister training leader told us that it represents us being a little "bolder," or "boulder".... It took me forever to get that pun, but once I did I really loved it! :) All it takes for us to be a bit bolder is to say hi to someone and ask them how they're doing. A lot of people in our mission ask what the best finding approach is when street or bus contacting, and usually the first question I ask most people is "Hi! How are you?" Some of them keep walking, but a lot of them are a bit surprised and then start talking to me. All it takes is a bit of kindness and people open up quickly.

The other fun thing of the week was working with Zhang Yi and Izzie! Zhang Yi is ready to be baptised this Saturday and passed his interview and everything! He also had a great time attending the nation-wide Chinese YSA Convention in London this weekend. Izzie continues to do well, but we pushed her baptismal date back to the 20th of December, which is when her two essays will be done and turned in, that way she can focus completely on her baptism and preparing for it. Seeing their progression has been a privilege and a true miracle. 

Also, happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Our Thanksgiving came early, since our whole zone gathered together on p-day to partake of a delicious feast prepared by our senior couple serving in our area. It was super delicious, and we also got to watch my FAVOURITE Christmas film, Elf! But the best part was when we went around the table and all said something we're thankful for. I've learned a lot on my mission, and one of those things is that I have so many things to be thankful for. And even when I think I don't, I try to be grateful in my circumstances, like Pres. Uchtdorf has told us. In England, I've experienced more rain storms than I ever have in my whole life. But I've also seen more rainbows in these ten months than I have in my whole life as well. I've learned to be grateful for both the rain and the rainbow. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving week! Sorry the e-mail is so late this week, the internet was down throughout all the libraries in the city. I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Larson

No captions this week, just "Pics from South Shields."  We suspect she was in a hurry at the library computer.





No comments:

Post a Comment