Thursday, January 8, 2015

Chapter 48: 新年快樂!Happy New Year!

Hiya everyone!

This week was pretty fantastic. We got another little break for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so that was pretty great. All the public transport halted on 1 Jan, though, so we had a quiet day stuck in our flat. It was still nice and relaxing.

And then we got back to work! The week has been filled with miracles. Just yesterday, on Fast Sunday, Paul, our investigator, promised he would come to church and then fast with us for him to have a desire to quit smoking. We were just about to leave and take the Metro to church and he still wasn't at the station, but at the last minute he showed up! It was great and he really enjoyed church, so that was a miracle for sure.

During another appointment teaching Paul, we asked him if he had ever prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true or not. He said no, looked confused, and said, "But I believe it's true anyways." So we were happy about that and then still challenged him to pray about it for a true confirmation from the Spirit. Paul's awesome.

One other thing we did this week was attend the funeral of our Chinese group leader's mother. This was only the second funeral I'd ever been to, and I'd never been to a Chinese one before, but it was a Christian service. It was really sad, especially when the husband of the woman who died bowed to her casket and then sank to the floor, crying because he missed her so much. I felt sad, too, but I also knew that no one needed to be inconsolable. Because Christ rose from the dead, we all will too, and death has no sting. So I was very grateful for the knowledge I have of the wonderful Plan of Salvation. 

I hope you all had fun celebrating the New Year! My flatmates and I did... We stayed up until 11, drank some sparkling punch, and then went to bed. Midnight is too late! I hope that this year brings many good opportunities and that you all have good goals to work on! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson

the beautiful English sky, with an "x" in it.
(I don't really know why, but it looked cool.)
And the sun, which is quite a rare sight. 

The sisters of Newcastle! Sister Wu, Sister Lu, Sister Chee, and me! 

This is our district! Back: Elder Sorenson, Adams, Marsh, Wheelhouse, Westergard.
Front: Ssister Wu, Chee, Marsh, Lu, me. I think my eyes are closed.
I didn't have any good ones on my camera. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment