Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Chapter 50: Fabulous Finding and Escalator Excitement

Note:  Meagan's weekly emails subject line always look like this "Week XX-- Subject Here."  The number "XX" has been off by 2 weeks for a very long time, but I have fixed it for the blog Chapter numbers.  I tried to tell her once but she didn't believe me.  Now as she approaches her year mark, it looks like she may have finally figured it out...

Hello everyone!

It says week 52, but I don't think I've been out for quite a year yet... Yet. That happens in like two weeks and it's kind of weird actually. 

Well weirdness aside, this week has been pretty good! We had a new policy this week throughout the mission of trying to do 15 hours of finding every week. At first I was like "Meh I don't like finding bleh" but then my companion and I decided to try our best to have a good attitude about it. So we did and as it turned out our finding has been AWESOME this week. We also had a wonderful miracle, which I will now proceed to relate:

*Begin miracle*

Once upon a time, my companion and I went to teach our investigator, Crystal. She's awesome. So we went to her flat and we were just chatting when suddenly there comes a knock on the door. She says, "Oh! I forgot that some people are coming to look at my flat! I'll only be a few minutes!" And we said "Yeah okay no problem." So a second later three girls walk into the room, one of whom is a member in our Chinese group! And so we're like "Wow Cathy, fancy seeing you here, what's up?" And so then we talk with her and her two friends and long story short at the end of their visit, the two non-member girls are like, "Hey so do you think that we can give you our number and you can teach us sometime?" And my companion and I, after a moment of silent celebration inside our heads, said very coolly, "Yeah, you know, that would be cool." So now we have an appointment with them this week!! And one of them came to church yesterday! Miracles happen.

*End miracle*
Me and Crystal and Sister Chee after a delicious Chinese meal Crystal made for us!!

So yeah, this week rocked. There were other little miracles too, but that one was my favourite. There was also a funny story of the week. I have permission from my companion to publish it in this weekly e-mail. So one day we were riding up the escalator in the Metro station when this tall, British African guy comes walking up on my left side and stands right next to my companion. Like, on the same step. And he smiles and is like, "Heyyy, how you doin'?" And she's like "Uhhhhh...." And so they talk awkwardly for a bit about how we are missionaries and stuff and then as we get to the top, he confesses, "Well, I only wanted to talk to you, because I like you." And we were like *awkward smiles* and thinking What do we do in this situation? And he said, "But I guess I'm not allowed to like you, huh?" And we said, "Nope but here's a mormon.org card bye!" And that was the end of that story.

So this week was the best. I hope you all had nice weeks as well and that you have an even awesomer week this week! I hope you all get snow like we did here! (It was a baby amount of snow, but it was more than we've had before, so everyone was much excited.) Love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson


The sun!!! A rare sight in England.

Selfie of my and my comp, happy because of the sun. 
Especially here because she's a California gurl.

Beautiful sunset and view from Angela's flat of the city of Newcastle.

SNOWWWW!  It was a baby snow, and our investigator called
and was like "I don't know if I can go to church, because it snowed."
And I said, "Uh dude, it's like a baby amount and it will be gone in an hour.
Come to church." So she did. :)

My baby snowman that I made waiting for the bus to church.


No comments:

Post a Comment