Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Chapter 51: The Best Text Ever

Dear family and friends and everyone,

Hiya! This week has been pretty fantastic, we had lots of exciting things happen. Continuing of from the miracle of last week, we had a lesson with those two girls, Sherry and Fiona, who are now our new investigators! It was a great lesson, and we think they have lots of potential. Also, we had a miracle last p-day, right after we e-mailed and grocery shopped. 

Begin miracle

Once upon a time, my companion and I were street contacting a few weeks ago. We stopped this one guy who looked Asian. We're like chatting for a bit and finally we ask, "So how long have you lived in England?" And he's like, "Uh, since I was one?" And we said "... Yeah, that makes sense. So you're a BBC, cool!" It was awkward because I thought he was Chinese. That happens a lot actually, it's part of the daily awkwardness of my life. But anyway, we kept talking to him, he didn't seem super interested, but we gave him a mormon.org card with our number. Fast forward to last p-day. He sends us a text saying that he'd like to meet with us sometime and/or go to activities!! So we had a lesson with him last Monday, he went to the FHE for the Chinese students and loved it, and we're seeing him again today. SO AWESOME. BECAUSE HE TEXTED US! That never happens. Miracle!

End miracle

This week we also went to a few parties. One was for Rachel, one of the members here. She just turned 19 - so young. Haha. It was a surprise party and a few of our investigators went, so it was really fun. It's pretty awesome how all of the members and investigators here are good friends and hang out with each other all the time. 

The other party we went to was at an elderly member's house. She lives in like an assisted living centre thing and we go over there all the time, because she's so nice to us and we love her. So we were there for tea this past Saturday and while we were chatting, like four old ladies came in and out to chat with us too. It was funny because at one point, they were all moaning and lamenting about their many medical problems (I'm not being sterotypical, but the older generation tend to do this) when one lady talked about her thyroid problems. And my companion, Sister Chee, just joins in and says (in effect) "Tell me about it! My hyperthyroidism has caused me so many problems!" And she thus joined in on the medical conversation with all these old ladies, talking about medications and surgeries and the like. It was pretty funny. 

So this week has been great with the missionary work and with everything else, really. I find that when I have a positive attitude about things, like missing our Metro and therefore having to walk all the way to the chapel on a windy Sunday morning, life is happier and more fun. Missionary work is FUN! It's hard work, but the most rewarding work I've ever done in my life. Love you all, have a fantastic week! 

Love,
Sister Larson

Me and Rachel

All of the girls at Rachel's surprise birthday party!

This is my zone. Girls don't know how to make funny faces. But I do.
This is my more normal zone.



No comments:

Post a Comment