Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Chapter 53: Meagan went to England on a Mission, and you won't believe the awesome things that happened next!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been quite good overall. We were super busy with lots of teaching and finding and even a service project, (yay!) but we managed to get lots of things done. We had quite a few really awesome things happen, so I'll just list them all below.

Awesome Thing #1: Crystal and Mandy both passed their baptismal interviews!!! They were both slightly nervous but of course they did just fine. Everything is coming together for their baptism this Saturday, so I'll tell you all about it next week!

Awesome Thing #2: We met with all of the guys from the hot pot party a few weeks ago this week. In separate lessons, haha. One of them, Li, is in China for two weeks now but he had a really great lesson that turned into a huge long discussion. It was really great and he seems so eager to learn more and read the Book of Mormon. Another one, Huang JinBo, whom we renamed Stefan*, had a great lesson as well and we scheduled him for baptism in March! He's really funny, he's like a big kid. But he's very willing to learn more as well. And the last one, Yang Yi (English name pending, any suggestions are welcome) brought his friend, Seralyn, to the lesson with him! They seemed pretty interested, not as much as the others, but they still would like to see the baptism on Saturday, so that is good news!

Awesome Thing #3: Martin, our BBC investigator, is doing super well. We had an amazing lesson with him and Darrell, a recent convert here. It was so great, they got along really well and Darrell answered all of his questions perfectly. Martin also came to the senior missionaries' house with us yesterday and really liked seeing what an LDS family dinner looks like. So things are looking good for Martin.

There are honestly so many awesome things that happened this week, I could go on forever and write an entire epistle about them. But I'll spare you guys and just share one last really cool thing that happened.

So on Saturday, I had a kind of bleh day. Good things were happening, but I was feeling sort of lonely and whatnot. My heart was just aching a little bit. But I kept on throughout the day, always asking Heavenly Father to please comfort me and help me do the work I needed to do. As we were finding, my companion pointed to something behind me. I turned and looked and saw the most beautiful sunset ever. The sky was still pale blue but the clouds were fiery pink and orange and it was so amazing. I felt at peace and had the clarity of mind necessary to sort through my problems and find out ways to solve them. It was a very tender mercy of the Lord and showed His love for me. I know that our prayers are answered in personal ways so we can understand them.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Love, 
Sister Larson

*Yes, Stefan is named after a character in the popular TV series, the Vampire Diaries. We have a Chinese member here named Damon, who is also a character in the aforementioned programme, and we just couldn't resist. Plus, he just looks like a Stefan. :)

Ice cream selfie with my comp, our investigator Fang Fang, and me last P-day.

Me on a cute little bridge whilst finding in a neighborhood. 
Me with the BYU car we found this week, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment