Thursday, February 19, 2015

Chapter 54: Valentine's Day Baptism

Dear family and friends,

So this week was basically awesome. I think I say that at the beginning of every letter. But it's true and I can't help myself from saying it! Missionary life in general is just awesome!!!

This week the highlight was Crystal and Mandy's baptism. They were both so cute and so excited to be baptised! The service went really well. Crystal told us as she was getting ready to go into the font that she didn't sleep the night before because she was just too excited to be baptised! Mandy gave a very simple but very heartfelt testimony at the end. She was just so grateful in it and kept saying "I'm so thankful to the Father for all the blessings He gives me." Man. I never thought I could ever feel this much joy. Missions are sometimes seen as a sacrifice, but to me this is no sacrifice. This is a blessing! 

After the baptism, there was also a ward Valentine's Dance. Not like a dodgy, bring-a-date-slow-dance-the-whole-time dance, so we got permission from our leaders to stay. And it was way fun. We basically just danced with the primary kids and got our Chinese friends to let loose and have fun. It was a super awesome ending to a super awesome day. :)

Along with that, we also had a new scheduled investigator this week, Martin! He is doing so great. He came to our lesson having read a chapter in Alma and showed us a verse that he really liked. He'd highlighted it and everything!! It may be a small thing, but this is a guy who's never read scriptures before, or prayed before, or believed in something higher before. So his progress is remarkably quick. I also know that he has been prepared by the Lord. Shortly before he met us, he had started volunteering at a charity shop. He later told us that he had no idea really why he'd decided to do that, but that he felt he should be doing something kind for others instead of just thinking about himself. SO PREPARED.

Well I could go on and on but I only have a short amount of time to e-mail. The gospel is true. Even if I hadn't seen all these miracles, I would still know it is true. Heavenly Father is there, He listens to each of our prayers. I love being a missionary!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and have a super fantastic week!

Love,
Sister Larson

Heart cookie from pday last week. so professional. 

Shield coins. On the back of each coin is a part of a shield,
and so I finally collected them all at the same time!
Cool, huh? The coins here are way cooler than in America, no offense.
And we use them more often.


Me and my comp and Mandy and Crystal!
Me and Mandy and Crystal

This one also has Freddie, our recent convert who introduced
 Mandy to the gospel and then baptised her, as well as
Elder Chidester, our crazy district leader who baptised Crystal.

Me and Sister Wu. She goes home next week! :'(


No comments:

Post a Comment