Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chapter 55 - 新年快樂!Happy New Year!

Dajia hao, (Hi everyone!)

That's right, this week was Chinese New Year! It started on Thursday and kept on going until... I don't really know, it could still be going on now for all I know. Haha it was great because all the students were out ditching class and hanging out with friends and going out to eat, but then not as many of them wanted to stop and talk when there were dumplings to be made and devoured. Still, it has been a pretty good week.

Selfie in the bus mirror, so cute.
The highlight of the week was probably getting to go to Leeds for Zone Conference. It was a very fun day, we got to watch Meet the Mormons! Oh my word, so good. I loved how all of the people were so different and I loved hearing about their conversion stories. Because I'm a missionary nerd and I love conversion stories. :) Also, the whole missionary mom segment just made me cry tears. I swear no missionary in that chapel had a dry eye when that Elder said good-bye to his family. Ah, memories... Still it was a great conference and we learned a lot about how we can best improve our areas! I have seen a lot of growth in the mission since I first came out and I know that everyone will just keep on improving in the future.

Yesterday was also transfer calls!!!!!!! So here's the news: I'm staying in Newcastle. YAY! I've already been here for 6 months, but I'm still so excited to stay. I feel like there's so much unfinished business to take care of here and I would just miss everyone too terribly to leave. I am also getting a new companion. Her name is Sister Xie, she's from Sichuan, China. She was just in my old hometown of Hull so it will be really fun to work with her. But where does that leave Sister Chee you might ask? Well my beloved daughter will also be staying in Newcastle and working with Sister Salcedo!!! Yeah everyone was shocked. So she'll be in a different area technically but not too far from me. Wow, 6 months old in the mission and still living with her mom. Embarrassing. ;) Nah, it'll be a great transfer, I'm stoked!

We celebrated Chinese New Year with a ward talent show and dinner on Saturday night. It was super fun, all the missionaries did a fun skit and then my comp and I sang a Chinese song. It was pretty good, if I do say so myself. Then last night we made dumplings with Crystal! Oh man they were so good. And now I know how to make dumplings.
Me with all the hot pot stuff. I love hot pot!
But it was so spicy! She had this spice mix from Chongqing
which is famous for their spicy hot pot. Gah so spicy!

The process of making dumplings along with the delicious end result!
Well I hope that you all had a good week wherever ya'lls are. Happy Chinese New Year! Go eat some dumplings or other Chinese food. I'm so grateful to be a missionary here, right now, in this area. I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Larson
  
Beautiful clouds in Newcastle!!!! Love the sky here, so pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment