Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Chapter 52: One Year Out and More Miracles

Dear Family and Friends,

First off, this is the real week 52. On the 5th, I'll have been a missionary for one whole year. What the heck? Where has the time gone? Didn't I leave like just yesterday? Wow my life is just flying by. It's been a very tough year but a very rewarding one as well.

Secondly, as you can see from the very enthusiastic CAPS LOCK message subject, we had the hugest miracle in the history of ever this week. So do you all remember Crystal, the super golden investigator we've been teaching for like ever whose parents would not allow her to be baptised? Yeah, that one. Here's what happened this week.

Begin super amazing epic miracle

Well, we had a lesson with her this week that was great. We taught her about endure to the end and then brought up fasting with her for her parents to soften their hearts a bit in regards to her being baptised. Then she surprised everyone and said, "Well I've been talking to them recently, and they say that I am old enough to make my own decisions, and that they trust me to do what is right for me. So while they don't believe in God or think that church is super awesome, they will still let me get baptised." And Sister Chee and I were like ".... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" And the member that was with us, Angela, was like "... EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!" And then we all were excited and happy and immediately began planning her baptism on the 14th of February, Valentine's Day! She will be baptised with Mandy, our other investigator who is super prepared and ready for that day. SO MIRACULOUS! Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers.

End super amazing epic miracle

Along with that miracle, we also had a great hot pot dinner on Saturday night. Hot pot is super delicious. And we ate it with our potential, whom we named Stefan, and his three roommates. At first, we were a bit nervous because he pulled out a bottle of white wine. But then as he tried to open it, I said a quick prayer for what to say and just told him, "Hey, we don't drink alcohol, so is it okay if maybe we put that away?" And he said, "Yeah no problem!" and gave us soda instead. Phew. Then during the meal, we were talking and the conversation naturally turned to church. We ended up teaching them most of the Restoration, the Word of Wisdom, and about keeping the Sabbath day holy! Angela, our member present (again) did a great job of being a missionary with us and explaining lots of things that we believe. So that was also a great miracle. And two of the roommates ended up coming to church with us yesterday! It was so awesome.

Here is a picture of my comp, Sister Davis, Sister Holland (stl) and me. we are so cute!!
I actually really love this photo. We had an exchange this weekend which was way fun. 

Yeah, I still make faces. This one's a gem.
We were waiting for someone to come and open the
chapel gate because we were a bit early to a meeting.
So we took selfies that made us look like prisoners. And weirdos. Heehee.

So basically, this week was rockin' for me and my companion. We were working together in unity, finding and teaching and planning and loving our lives as missionaries. While missionary work is not always this outwardly successful, I am still always very happy and at peace with the work I am doing because I know this Church is true and that Jesus Christ lives. It is He who I represent and I am so glad I have the opportunity to do so. I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Larson


No comments:

Post a Comment