Thursday, May 7, 2015

Chapter 65: i think we are going to Pad our stats soon

Hi everyone!

Well this week had some exciting things and some less than awesome things. But we'll just gloss over the not so cool stuff and jump to the cool stuff:

On Friday we had a meeting with all of the missionaries from the whole mission in Leeds. It was pretty cool to see so many missionaries gathered all at once! Plus also I got to see all my buddies. :) The reason for this meeting was to inform and educate us about the proper use of technology as a missionary. That's right, we're a test mission for further developing the use of iPads! So that's pretty exciting. We'll be getting them in a few weeks. It was a great meeting, Elder Dyches of the Seventy and Elder Allen who's like the head of the missionary department were there with their wives. One thing they said that really stuck out to me was that we have the opportunity as missionaries to learn how to use technology properly. We can learn the skills we need to now so that after our missions and later as parents and teachers, we can teach the rising generation how to use technology in uplifting ways, since they'll be so bombarded by it. It was cool to think about, I'd never had that point of view before.

So that was probably the highlight of the week. Other than that, we did lots of street contacting haha. All the students are studying for exams/dissertations/final projects right now so it's really hard to meet with people. However, all of our investigators are still coming along. Martin gets interview for baptism tonight!!! We're so excited and if all goes well, he'll be baptised this Saturday. More on that next week!

Well sorry this will be a bit short, but there really wasn't a whole lot going on this week. We've seen some miracles and we've had some rough times (everyone in the flat but me has been sick at one time or another this past week) but we keep going regardless of what happens! My companion and I get to go up to Alnwick Castle (where they filmed parts of Harry Potter) today, despite the rainy yucky weather. It's going to be great!

I hope you are all still doing well and that you enjoy your Mother's Day this weekend! I for one am positively ecstatic to speak with my family, and I'm especially grateful for my mom. She is the greatest example of womanhood and motherhood to me. She's always caring and always loving. She's AWESOME!! Have a great week everyone! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson


Sister Larson and Sister Xie pass the quiddich flying exam
Queen Sister Marsh and her Princesses at the castle

I found Nemo! People stared at me like I was a weirdo when I took this pic, but I couldn't resist. 

There was a beautiful sunset last night where the clouds
 were just a swirly mix of pink and purple. I tried to take a
 picture from the bus window, but it didn't really do it justice.
Well, use your imagination. :) or Photoshop. Whichever works.



No comments:

Post a Comment