Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Chapter 67: Attitude is Everything

Hey everyone!

So this week has been interesting to say the least. Basically, we didn't get to teach a lot and instead did mostly street contacting. And most of the street contacting we did was unsuccessful. All of the students here start taking their exams this week, so last week they were studying like crazy. I mean, crazy. One of our investigators didn't sleep for like almost three days. He's still alive, don't worry, but man these guys are crazy for studying. 

However, we as a companionship decided early in the week that we were going to be positive and happy no matter what happened. And that we would encourage each other to do that. And guess what? We were happy, despite the fact that practically everyone we stopped on the street rejected us! Haha, it was a great learning experience for me. I realised that you always have a choice of how you're going to react to situations - you always choose your attitude. So if you choose to have a positive attitude and look for the good things in life, then you're going to have an awesome life! 

Other good news: Martin is the best recent convert ever. He made us dinner last week and it was absolutely amazing. He's a pro chef. And he made us a lot of food. Also, he got the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday (the same day as my little brother!) so that was really exciting. I love seeing people progress in the gospel! 

Well I hope you all had a great week, rain or shine! Remember to stay happy and look at the blessings in your life! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson

P.S. Sorry my pics are lame this week. I only have pictures of food. But I forgot to mention - we're getting our iPads on Wednesday!!!  So I'm sure you'll be getting pictures of that next week. :)

Martin's fried chicken (MFC). He didn't have anything to drain the oil
 on (we were at Crystal's house) and so Crystal put it on a cheese grater.
 And he thought that that was the dumbest thing ever. But it worked.
 Sorry that was a random story that has nothing to do with anything.
 But I thought I had to explain the inexplicable cheese grater in the picture.


Martin made us delicious pasta and amazing steak. It was really good steak.
Side note - that's the first time I've had steak on my mission. Yes, I know I've
 been here for like 15 months already haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment