Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Chapter 75: Along came a spider...

Note:  The actual title of Meagan's email was "I am too tired to come up with email subjects now."  So that will put the first few lines in context...

Hi everyone!

Sorry for my lack of creativity, but I honestly just can't think right now. This past week was pretty good, with lots of hard work and such, but also way tiring. I went on two exchanges to different areas which was awesome but I think I'm still recovering from that. :) I love working with all of the different sisters in the zone, they are all so great and we had a blast!

Me and my comp just chillin by this cool tree at the castle. :)

Well first off, last pday I got to go to another castle! It was mostly intact and had lots of cool history stuff to tell you about what all of the rooms were used for. I personally liked the little holes they had in most of the walls so you could shoot arrows at intruders. That's a nice touch. I might look into that for my own future home.

Arrow loops where you can shoot intruders!
Beautiful Skipton castle!!
Old 19th century sink!
Also this week, we worked mostly with Emmanuel and Joey, our lovely Caribbean and Chinese friends. They are doing pretty well, we've worked hard trying to help them progress but as usual, it all comes down to personal agency. Sometimes I don't like it and I just want to make them see how happy they could be if they just chose the right!! But I'm sure Heavenly Father feels like that with me often so I can't really complain about it. Patience is something I've definitely learned a lot about this week.

For another funny story: (which coincidentally also involves me screaming). We were knocking, like you do, and I knocked on this door. Just waiting for someone to open the door, ever so casually. I turn to the side, and see THE BIGGEST SPIDER THAT I'VE EVER SEEN okay not true but A REALLY REALLY BIG SPIDER and so I scream. Naturally. Unfortunately, the woman who lived there heard it I guess. I hear this tentative "Hello?" from through the door. And I'm like still dying of fright and shock and my companion has just walked away because she's laughing so hard and I try to gain composure and so I say back, "Oh hello, sorry I screamed, there was a massive spider, but my friend and I are missionaries for our church and we'd like to share a message -" And all I hear back is "No thank you, not interested, dear," and so I just walk away, leaving my dignity at her door. While my companion is still dying laughing. The end.

Me with Bernard, a member who went knocking with us yesterday.
He's so energetic, crazy, and cool!
So basically, we continue to knock on doors and talk to people on the street and meet with investigators, but it's all good and I'm happy and loving England! I hope you all are doing great and talking to people about your beliefs! Talk with someone this week about an experience you've had with prayer or scripture study or something. Then invite them to come over for dinner sometime... and invite the missionaries for the same day. ;) Love you all!

Love,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment