Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Chapter 76: Last Minute Addition

Hi all,

Meagan didn't write her regular email this week, I believe because they were in a rush to go to York and also things got a little crazy with adding an extra companion this week.  So I don't think they went to the library to write emails, instead she sent a few quick notes to family from her iPad, which is not the easiest or fastest way to type.  She asked me to send out highlights from her letter to me, so here you go...


The biggest news is that on Wednesday I was in York for an exchange when the AP called us and told us to get back to our area ASAP because we had a new companion.  She had to get emergency transferred from her area, so now I have Sister Dietrich from Germany with me.  It's been fun but our flat is tiny, so thank goodness it isn't for very long.  She'll be here til I leave at least and then we're not sure.  

Lesson selfie with Leanna, our investigator! 
Then also we had a miracle! Well lots, but I'll share the coolest one. Last week in the city we saw a guy with a poster saying he was a young aspiring author. Sounds likes something I would enjoy. So I talked to him about that and then we invited him to activities and such.  So he says he might come to FHE on Monday and that he lives right next to the institute building. On Monday night we were waiting outside when he comes out of his flat, remembers the activity and says he'll come. He was a bit scared but he loved it even though he's atheist, and agreed to meet with us again.  So later on in the week we met with him and taught him and the spirit was so strong! It was amazing, he felt it and realised what was happening. After he prayed at the end, he was just quiet and said "this feels so different. But it's cool." It was awesome. So he is doing great and we found three other new investigators this week. It was so good! Also we are going to York today so you'll like the pics I send next week. 

Well it's easy kind of to stay focused here, the challenge now is just trying to fit everything in!  My new comp is also an STL so we have even more exchanges to go on and it's just nuts. This is a good time for me. :) I'm working hard and loving it but excited to see all of you!! 

Love, Meagan 

I can't email pics from my camera so this is all you get for now. This
is my Newcastle district! From like a month ago haha

They said keep a straight face. You see how well the Asians did that.
And how the rest of us failed. Ahahahahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment