Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Chapter 77: A great way to finish...

Hi everyone,

So sorry about no e-mail last week, I had to e-mail on the iPad and it took ages. It's no fun. I'm not talented with typing things on touch screens. Basically I'm super out of touch with technology. Well I'll give you an update on this week!

The past week was just crazy. The first few days we were in York and Harrogate on exchange with the sisters there, which was so much fun! We saw the beautiful York Minster, which was way cool. Also, we got in for free because we're ministers for our church, which was even more awesome. So we were a bit drained from our exchanges and when we got back, we got an assignment from the mission president for me and Sis. Dietrich to do a presentation in some zone training meetings this week. So basically we're touring the mission this week, going to every single zone, with President and the APs. It's been fun but we've been in the office so much preparing! I feel like I'm an office missionary now. Also, I realised that I'm pretty stupid when it comes to working things like scanners and computers and PowerPoint. I don't remember how to do any of it. That's what happens when you don't use technology for 18 months, haha. 

However, we did get to work a bit in our area in our spare time. We met with a Chinese girl called Millie, she's so cute and so prepared! Unfortunately, she's leaving this week, which is so sad, but we gave her a Book of Mormon and we'll just pray that she can find the church somehow in China. I don't know when that will be but I hope it happens someday. She was so awestruck when she realised that even she, an ordinary girl from China, could pray to God and get answers. It was a very powerful moment for all of us.

We also met with Rowan, a cool guy who has his whole life planned out! He's probably the most ambitious 19 year old I've ever met. He wants to be a professional footballer but knows that he needs God's help to do that. He's come to church a few times now and he has enjoyed the fellowship there. He's great! :)

Well, it's the last full week of my mission. It still doesn't feel like it's happening yet. I'm so excited to see my family and yet so sad to say good-bye to this country and these people that I love. I will go home as a different person, in a good way. I've grown so much and learned so much that words just can't express. I love the Lord. I love being a missionary. I will miss it so much.

Thank you all for your support through these 18 months, you are all so great! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Larson


The York Minster! It was built originally in the 12th century I think? It was also built on the ruins of an ancient Roman settlement, which is way cool. England's stuff is so much older than America's! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment