Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Chapter 63: The Chocolate Challenge

Dear Family and Friends,

Hiya! Well, it's been another week already! I can't believe it. Time is seriously going by so fast. Except for when you're street contacting in the rain... then it goes by incredibly slow, haha.

Well this week we had some good things happen and some less than good things happen. Unfortunately, Li won't be able to make this weekend for baptism, he has some hidden concerns that we didn't know about until recently. But at least we know what they are now so we can address them and help him get closer to the goal of baptism! 

Jone also has the concern of his parents don't want him to get baptised, a concern which comes up all the time when teaching young Chinese students. But he himself is willing to talk to them and share more about what he learns. He also wants to be a missionary to his friends. The lesson we had with him was amazing - he had been basically trying to drop us at first but the Spirit was so strong and we just ended up talking about miracles. So that went way better than I could have hoped.

We had a great lesson with Joey, our newest investigator, as well yesterday at the Marshes, the best senior couple ever! We had tea and then watched the Restoration DVD with him. He loved the music and it was a very spiritual lesson with him. 

For a little fun story of the week, we have this investigator Paul who's been struggling to quit smoking for a long time. I've been teaching him since I first got to Newcastle in September. So this week I did something drastic: I told him that if he quit smoking, I would quit chocolate. And he said okay. So I haven't had chocolate since. It's only been a few days. But I miss it. But it will be worth it!! Wish me luck - I also happen to be in the country that has like the best chocolate ever, so that doesn't make it easy!!!! :)

Well I hope you have all had a great week. I just want to testify to you all that Jesus is the Christ, the light, the life and the hope of the world. He loves us. He wants us to be like Him, and picks us up every time we fall down. I have had quite a few experiences this week that have helped me realise that once more. Love you all!!

Love,
Sister Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment